A Hands-on Approach to Therapy
Instead of viewing therapy as hooking you up to machine after machine, we take a more hands-on approach – literally. By leaning on over 28 years’ experience in the Berks County medical community, Good Physical Therapy has discovered that the most effective treatments are not modalities that depend on ultrasound, aquatic, or heat therapy, but rather the power of touch and a hands-on approach to healing. Not only is touch therapeutic in and of itself, but we’ve seen better, faster results. Some of our manual techniques include the following:
- Neuromuscular Reeducation is an active therapeutic technique that utilizes a series of techniques to encourage central nervous system reprogramming, support dynamic spinal stability, and correct impaired movement.
- Creative strength training and muscular rehabilitation uses unique methods to help you recover quickly and effectively from a muscular or joint injury. We combine focused strength training techniques with rehabilitation to bring you to a higher level of physical fitness than you were at before and help prevent reinjury.
- Strength, power, speed and agility training can help you achieve your peak performance in your chosen sport. Work with one or our expertly trained professionals to develop new techniques and reach your goals.
- Joint mobilization is a hands-on technique used to restore normal range of motion to joints.
- Manual spinal traction can help relieve low-back and neck pain and stiffness by improving your spinal mobility. This safe, hands-on therapy can enhance muscular relaxation.
- Graston technique is a method of instrument-assisted soft-tissue mobilization combined with rehabilitative exercises to improve musculoskeletal function.
BALANCE AND VESTIBULAR REHABILITATION PROGRAM
This comprehensive outpatient service is designed to assess and treat individuals with dizziness, lightheadedness, vertigo, unsteadiness, and a history of falling. Through the use of clinically proven exercises and activities, we customize protocols based on the findings of a thorough evaluation. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care through the latest evidence-based research, attention to individual symptoms, and genuine compassion.
- Eliminate Vertigo
- Eliminate Symptoms of Light-Headedness
- Eliminate Motion Sensitivity
- Improve Static and Dynamic Balance
- Improve Activities of Daily living
- Vestibular Neuronitis
- Migraine-Related Dizziness
- Motion Sensitivity/Sickness
Our balance and vestibular rehabilitation program has given us the opportunity to help many patients who previously were told they would “have to live with” their symptoms of dizziness or lightheadedness.
Most rewarding to us is seeing our patients return to a normal lifestyle, free of the fear of falling or having attacks of vertigo, once again able to take control of their own body.
Ask us today how our Balance and Vestibular Rehabilitation Program can help you or a loved one suffering from falls, dizziness, or vertigo. Please call or stop by one of our locations for more information.
- Workers’ Comp. Cases
- Orthopaedic injuries
- Sports Medicine
- Oncology Rehabilitation
- Pain Control
- Back and Lift Testing
- Performance Enhancement
- Back and Neck Injuries
- Personal Injury
- Knee Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Balance Disorders
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Urinary Incontinence